Winners of the A path to art contest First prize experienced artist: Maude Tapin Scene to soothe the spirit in a tumultuous time. Title : For a moment of respite Format: 12 X 12 inches Medium : mixed media on Russian cherry Price : $850 Second Prize for Experienced Artist : Diane Cantin Title : Friendly meetings Format: 20 x 16 inches Medium : Oil Price : $1 070 First Prize for Emerging Artist: Chloé Dubreuil Title: THE PEGASUS Friendship is an enduring chain. Medium: acrylic Format: 40 cm x 30 cm Year of creation of the work 2021 Second Prize for Emerging Artist: Mélanie Mercier Title: Run as fast as you can Format:30 X 40 inches Medium : mixed media oil on canvas Price : $2 400
3RD time competition “A PATH TO ART”
for emerging artists and experienced artists
You must participate before May 1, 2022
If you have created an incredible work during 2021-2022 and you have trouble making yourself known, the 3rd time competition of “A path to Art” is a great opportunity to be recognized as an artist. It is also an opportunity to exhibit your works in an art gallery and showcase your talent. This art competition is open to artists working with all mediums and offers a boost to start an artistic career. Created by the Urbania Art Gallery in collaboration with DeSerres, this competition will select four artists who will have their work featured in a special web exhibition and exhibited at DeSerres.
Two categories :
- Emerging Artist: No experience required;
- Experienced artist: At least one group or individual exhibition.
PARTICIPANTS : The competition is open to artists from Quebec, Canada and international.
One work per artist : All techniques, mediums and canvas will be accepted.
Creation date of work : 2021-2022
Maximum size of the work : 40 x 30 inches and less (square, rectangle or round)
Registration opening date : March 19th, 2022
Registration closing date : April 30, 2022 at midnight
Winners announcement date : May 10th, 2022
Criteria : 1. Technique used 2. Treatment of the subject 3. Emotion of the work
Only the finalists will be contacted in order to obtain rewards and to organize the promotion of their work.
Winners will be announced through social media and on websites of the Urbania Art Gallery and DeSerres.
Lots of prizes for winners : See summary table.
- $ 1,400 in DeSerres gift cards (for each category: 1st prize $ 500 and second prize $ 200); For international artists, DeSerres products of equal value will be sent to you, taking into account your needs and the techniques used;
- Gift coupon registration : DeSerres rebate of $ 15 of purchase $150 .
- Social media ads over 1,600,000 contacts (Google, Urbania art gallery website, Facebook groups and Facebook pages, Linkedin, YouTube and Instagram);
- Virtual exhibition by the Urbania Art Gallery during May or
- Exhibition at DeSerres in the Urbania Art Gallery space (date of exhibition June 2022);
- Integration in the Urbania team of artists : Works sold on the Urbania Art Gallery website according to the established contract (duration for 6 months);
- Promotion of your artist portrait (virtual interview and artist page);
- Honorary certificate for the winners of the competition;
- News gift’s : Unlimited access to the Art x Terra professional career development training platform for artists and access to the support community for 1 year – Value of $ 249.
IMPORTANT! – To avoid any problems during registration, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari browsers.
- Like the Urbania Art Gallery Facebook or Instagram page;
- Pay the registration fee : $ 25 including taxes;
- Complete the short form (name, phone, email, information about the work : title, year of creation, format and medium) and upload a photo of the work;
- Gift coupon registration : DeSerres rebate of $ 15 discount for purchase $150. See coupon details.
We thank you for your participation and we wish you all good luck!
If you want to become a Zone DeSerres member https://www.deserres.ca/fr/creation-compte-zone
https // www.deserres.ca/ @DESERRES
ART X TERRA Art & Entrepreneurship for visual artists – Join the largest support french artist community to help you fully develop the most incredible job in the world.
Thank you very much and we look forward to working with you for the rest of the exhibitions.
Responsable for the competition
Urbania Art Gallery
Phone. : 418-999-9862
Any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. A dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of intervention for try to fix it.